Saxon Pastry Chef Catherine Adonis shared this easy and tasty Bran Muffins Recipe. These delicious Bran Muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack during the course of the day.
10 ml Vanilla essence
300g Dark brown sugar
300g Nutty wheat flour
210g Cake flour
5ml Baking powder
120g Almonds toasted, roughly chopped
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk, keeping the nuts and fruit aside.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a large jug.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon or a spatula until there are no lumps – be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the dried fruit and nuts.
- Grease two 12-hole muffin pans (muffin liners can be used if you prefer).
- Fill the tins two thirds with batter, sprinkle the batter generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 170˚c for 19-25 mins.
- Remove from the oven once they are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Serve warm with butter and jam.
Chef Catherine’s notes: