With today being World Chocolate Day, Saxon Pastry Chef Catherine Adonis shared two delicious chocolate based recipes. The second recipe is this easy Marble Chocolate Loaf Cake.
Marble Chocolate Loaf cake
280g cake flour
330g cups sugar
180g canola oil
180g milk (tepid)
30g cocoa powder
10ml vanilla essence
10g baking powder
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment whisk the eggs and vanilla essence on a high speed until pale, fluffy and doubled in volume.
- Slowly dribble in the oil while the machine is mixing to create an emulsion.
- Sift the dry ingredients, add half to the mixer and whisk until just combined.
- Add the milk.
- Fold in the remainder of the flour with a spatula.
- Remove 2 cups of the mixture and sift in the cocoa and fold until well mixed.
- In a greased 25cm loaf tin, layer the mixtures starting and ending with the vanilla layer.
- Run a skewer stick through the mixture a few times to create a swirl effect.
- Bake at 160’C for 35-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cover the top of the cake with chocolate ganache, decorate with honey comb, nuts and other chocolate treats of your choice.